Should I Seed or Sod My Lawn
There is nothing better than the feeling of a healthy and luscious lawn beneath your feet. And the smell of freshly cut grass as your lawn mower up and down and side to side in summer bliss. This is not just a fantasy! With the right attitude and right information we can make this a reality. Now whether you have just a few patches to fix or you need to redo the entire lawn, your best options for new turf is either Seeding or Sodding. But which method is better? You, obviously, will have to decide but we won't leave you hanging. Here are some Advantages and disadvantages of Seeding or Sodding your lawn.
- Time of seeding is extremely critical. Late summer to early fall works best.
- It takes much longer to grow a dense, lush lawn.
- Weeds pose a higher risk to new growth.
- Seeding may be require due to poor germination, or wash outs from heavy rain.
- Low growth rate on slopes and erosion-prone areas.
- Seeding is less expensive.
- There are a varieties and mixtures of seeds to choose from.
- Seeding requires less labour.
- Initial deeper root system.
- Sodding is more expensive.
- It requires additional labour and skill for installation.
- Less selection over type of grass.
- Ready for use within two weeks
- Sodded lawns control erosion on slopes.
- Can be install anytime during the spring, summer, or fall.
- Relatively weed free.
- Installation warranty.
- Instant gratification.
At the end of the day, as you can see, what it really boils down to is time and money. Now if seeding or sodding is not an option for you, then you can always look into a Rock or Mulch garden as an alternative to grass. I hope makes your choice a lot easier. Don't hesitate to keep in touch if you have any questions.
Keep the green alive!
We are 100% Canadian owned and operated and we have experience providing a wide range of professional products and services to enhance the beauty and value of your homes and business.
Build lasting value for clients, employees and company by devoting ourselves to excellence in garden stewardship.
Improve our world through bringing natural beauty into the daily lives of our clients.